- – APWireless Canada is currently promoting a No Cost, No Obligation Site Lease Evaluation from August 1st to December 31st, 2016, a $500.00 value.
- – APWireless Canada has over 100 years Telecommunications Industry knowledge combined
- – Learn more about your Cell Tower Lease, your cell Site and the potential value of this asset
- – This Cell site Lease Evaluation could save you Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars
- – Know your rights when dealing with cellular providers
- – Know fair market value when dealing with wireless carrier providers
- – APWireless Canada has National Canadian Industry Experts
What to look for when negotiating the renewal, it seems that recently some of the Cellular Providers in Canada are inserting “Consent Language” into their renewals this Language generally reads like this:
3. OTHER TERMS
3.1 Section “X” of the Lease (Assignment) shall be deleted in its entirety and replaced with the following:
ASSIGNMENT of this agreement by the Tenant may be made to any corporate affiliate(s), principal lenders or a purchaser of part or all of the Tenant’s assets. Assignment or transfer of this Agreement or an interest therein by the Landlord may be made to its principal lenders or a purchaser of the Site. All other assignments require the other parties consent, at its sole discretion. Tenant may permit use of all or any portion of the premises and access and utility rights by others for telecommunications purposes.
Let’s break this new language down:
- – First sentence give the Tenant (Cellular Carrier) the right to assign the agreement to whoever they want, whenever they want, without the Landlord (YOUR) consent, this is not a major concern HOWEVER they should have to at least notify the Landlord of any change in control or the purchase of their assets.
- – Second sentence give the Landlord the right to assign the agreement to a financial institution, “assignment of rents and leases” or to a purchaser of the Site “property”, this is also acceptable
- – Third sentence this is the scary one…this takes away the Landlord right to complete a transaction with APWireless or anyone else for that matter without the Tenants (other parties) consent at THEIR SOLE DISCRETION, PERIOD, this sentence removes any and all control that the Landlord did have over an asset that they had no control over in the first place on a property that the Tenant doesn’t own.
- – The final sentence even gives the Tenant more control, as it allows the Tenant to rent space to any other provider without compensation to the Landlord…
Before you renew your Lease with the Cellular Provider why not have a Cellular and Telecommunication Expert provide you with advice and an evaluation of your Cell Site Lease, no cost or obligation it’s part of APWireless service to Cell Site Owners. Knowledge is power and the more you know the easier it is for you to negotiate with the Cellular Provider, they have huge Real Estate Teams and Lawyers to advise them, shouldn’t you have a Cellular and Telecommunications Expert on your side to advise you?